Take the AARP Driver Safety Training Course Online!
Save money, time, and gas (no driving to & from a classroom)
The AARP Driver Safety Program is the nation’s first and largest course for drivers age 50 and older. The program has been taken by millions of drivers. AARP has offered its classroom course since 1979, and now offers the course online. Click the image at right to go to the drivers safety course page at AARP for details.
• Tune up your driving skills and update your knowledge of the rules of the road
• Learn defensive driving techniques
• Complete the course online at your own pace
• 24 hour a day customer service support
• Only $15.95 for AARP members and $19.95 for non-members* (higher for NY)
• In some states, taking this course may qualify you for a multi-year insurance discount **
Not a member? Join AARP now and receive your discounted price and all other benefits of membership for only $16 a year. Click here to join AARP.
* New York residents must pay $23.95 for members, and $27.95 for non-members.
** Upon completion of the course, you may qualify for an automobile insurance discount given by your insurance company. In some states separate rules may apply to online driver improvement courses.
We have confirmed Geico accepts this course in place of the classroom course for NYS residents. You only need to send Geico your certificate of completion to get approximately 10% off your insurance bill for 3 years. We’re not sure if this is the same for all states or if all insurance companies accept the online course, but we’d be interested to know if any insurance companies say “no”, so please let us know.
While taking this course is a good idea no matter what discount you may or may not get on your car insurance, we suggest if your goal is to get a discount that you contact your insurance company or agent to find out if completion of this course will qualify you for a discount and for details before you spend any money on this course.